More features. More stations. More control.
The popular Rain Bird® ESP-LX Series commercial controllers have been enhanced to provide additional features and station capacity. The ESP-LXME Enhanced Controller offers flow sensing and management with modular station capacity from 8 to 48 stations. Station modules are available in 4-, 8- and 12-station models.
The ESP-LXME provides flexible features and modular options that make the controller ideal for a wide variety of applications including light-commercial, commercial, and industrial irrigation systems. Modular options include modular station capacity, flow sensing, metal case and pedestal, ETC Manager Smart Cartridge, and IQ™ v3.0 Central Control Communication Cartridges. These options are field installed and can upgrade and enhance the ESP-LXME at any time in the future.
Easy to Use
The ESP-LXME Controller utilizes the Rain Bird® ESP Extra Simple Programming user interface. The dial, switches and buttons interface which Rain Bird first introduced in the 1980s is easy to learn and use and has become a standard controller interface for the irrigation industry. The large LCD display incorporates softkey text labels for the button functions rather than dedicated buttons.
Multiple language support allows the end-user or maintenance personnel to interface with the controller in their primary language. User selectable languages include English, Spanish, French, German, Italian and Portuguese. Date, time and unit formats are also user configurable.
Easy to Install
The ESP-LXME Controller has a spacious case and quick-connect terminals making installation fast and easy. Multiple size wiring knockouts are provided on the bottom and back side of the case to adapt to a wide variety of wiring applications. The door and front panel are removable so the case can be easily mounted to the wall.
Smart Approved Watermark
Rain Bird’s ESP-LXME controller has received the Smart Approved Watermark. Established in Australia and recognized worldwide, this elite designation identifies products and services that help reduce water use.
Create a customized default program that can be automatically recalled up to 90 days in the future. This allows a temporary schedule to be created for new seed or a fast fix.
Extra Simple Programming (ESP)
Make programming a snap, with a large easy-to-read display plus quick-programming features such as Rain Bird’s exclusive Program Review that shows more station settings at once so you can confirm your program faster.
Automatic Seasonal Adjust
Program seasonal watering adjustments for the entire year that can take effect automatically. Adjust by month or program.
Configurable Station Count
The ESP-LXME is configurable up to 48 stations. It has four bays that are capable of using either 4-station, 8-station or 12-station modules.
Flexible Programming Options
- Programmable Valve Delay
- Sensor Override by Station
- Master Valve by Station
- Calendar Day Off
- Total Program and Valve Run Times
Reliable Surge Protection
The ESP-LXME is constructed with heavy-duty surge protection standards to withstand electrical surges and lightning.
Enhanced Diagnostic Feedback™ with RASTER™ Wiring Test
External alarm light and on-screen messaging alert the user of conditions that may disrupt controller operation.
Non-volatile memory retains programming for up to 100 years. Date and time retained for up to 10 years, so there is no need to return to the jobsite after a power outage.
Removable Battery-Programmable Panel
For easy programming prior to installation.
Features English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese.
FloManager™ manages hydraulic demand to make full use of available water and shorten total watering time.
The ESP-LXMEF features a standard Flow Smart Module™ for flow learning, logging and problem reaction. Flo-Watch™ protection monitors high and low flow conditions with user-defined reactions. The Flow Smart Module is compatible with IQ v3.0 Central Control and the Advanced Flow Sensing Feature Pack.
Expand the ESP-LXME from eight to 48 stations in four-station increments using SM4, SM8 and SM12 station modules. These easy-to-install modules snap into one of four bays on the controller chassis. Dynamic Station Numbering eliminates numbering gaps between stations for easy, confusion-free programming.
The ESP-LXME Controller has two mounting options, an optional LXMM Metal Wall-Mount Case and LXMM-PED Metal Pedestal. The ESP-LXME standard plastic case field installs into the LXMM and can be wall-mounted or attached to the LXMM-PED for free-standing controller applications. The LXMM and LXMM-PED use powder-coated steel for years of rust-free operation. The pedestals are also available in stainless steel, LXMMSS & LXMMSSPED.
Flow Smart Module
The Flow Smart Module™ features Learn Flow utility and flow usage totalizer.
Flo-Watch™ protection for high and low flow conditions with user defined reactions.
Combine the ESP-LXME with Rain Bird® Flow Sensors for precise and accurate flow monitoring (Flow Smart Module also required). Choose from a variety of sensor sizes, operating ranges and types for the solution that best meets your needs. Learn more about Flow Sensors.
Add a Rain Bird® Rain/Freeze Sensor to your ESP-LXME to save time, improve system performance and can enhance your reputation as a water management expert. Learn more about Rain/Freeze Sensors.
The Rain Bird® Anemometer can add yet another weather-based component to your ESP-LXME by providing site-specific wind speed measurements. The controller can interrupt irrigation when wind velocity reaches a programmed set point. Learn more about the Rain Bird® Anemometer.
- Plastic, locking, UV resistant, wall-mount case
- Optional Metal Case & Pedestal
- 8- or 12-stations base unit expandable to 48 stations with 4-, 8- and 12-Station Modules
- Flow Smart Module™ factory installed or field upgradable
- Large LCD display with easy to navigate softkey user interface
- Hot-swappable modules, no need to power down the controller to add/remove modules
- Dynamic station numbering eliminates station numbering gaps
- Weather Sensor input with override switch
- Master valve/pump start circuit
- 6 user-selectable languages
- Non-Volatile (100-year) program memory
- Standard 10kV surge protection
- Front panel is removable and programmable under battery power
Water Management Features
- Optional Flow Smart Module with Learn Flow utility and flow usage totalizer
- Flo-Watch protection for high and low flow conditions with user defined reactions
- FloManager manages hydraulic demand, making full use of available water to shorten total watering time
- SimulStations™ are programmable to allow up to 5 stations to operate at the same time
- Water Windows by program plus Manual MV Water Window
- Cycle+Soak by station
- Rain Delay
- 365-Day Calendar Day Off
- Programmable Station Delay by program
- Normally Open or Closed Master Valve programmable by station
- Weather Sensor programmable by station to prevent or pause watering
- Program Seasonal Adjust
- Global Monthly Seasonal Adjust
- Alarm light with external case lens
- Electronic diagnostic circuit breaker
- Program summary and review
- Variable test program
- RASTER station wiring test
- Station timing: 0 min to 12 hrs
- Seasonal Adjust: 0% to 300% (16 hrs maximum station run time)
- 4 independent programs (ABCD)
- ABCD programs can overlap
- 8 start times per program
- Program Day Cycles include Custom days of the week, Odd, Odd31, Even, and Cyclical dates
- Manual station, program, test program
- Input required: 120 VAC ± 10%, 60Hz (International models: 230 VAC ± 10%, 50Hz; Australian models: 240 VAC ± 10%, 50Hz)
- Output: 26.5 VAC 1.9A
- Power back-up: Lithium coin-cell battery maintains time and date while nonvolatile memory maintains the programming
- Multi-valve capacity: Maximum five 24 VAC, 7VA solenoid valves simultaneous operation including the master valve, maximum two solenoid valves per station
- UL, CUL, CE, CSA, C-Tick, FCC Part 15
- Width: 14.32 in (36,4 cm)
- Height: 12.69 in (32,2 cm)
- Depth: 5.50 in (14,0 cm)
- ESP8LXME: 8-Station Controller, 120VAC
- ESP12LXMEF: 12-Station Controller with Flow Smart Module, 120VAC
- FSMLXME: Flow Smart Module for ESPLXME Controller
- ESPLXMSM4: 4-Station Module for ESP-LXME Controller
- ESPLXMSM8: 8-Station Module for ESP-LXME Controller
- ESPLXMSM12: 12-Station Module for ESP-LXME Controller
- ESPLXMEFP: ESPLXME Controller Front Panel Only
- LXMM: Metal Wall Mount Enclosure for ESP-LX Series Controllers
- LXMMPED: Metal Pedestal for ESP-LX Series Controllers